Saturday, September 27, 2008

First Fill Up


I filled up Dixie for the first time this week. I got 75 mpg. From what I understand this should only improve after its first tune up. This is all city driving with quite a bit of stopping and starting. I went for my longest ride this morning. I travelled 40 miles and at one point was able to get Dixie up to 55 mph with no effort. I think the throttle was only half open. It was a great morning for a ride. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to take her out again. I bought two convex mirrors to put on my mirrors. I put one on the left mirror and it worked great...until I hit a pothole and it fell off. I bought a pair so I am going to put the remaining one on and try to get it to stick.

The Vols play Auburn today...pray for me.

1 comment:

Scootin' Fool said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I had a similarly pleasant experience with fuel mileage, but my mileage was a little better (113 mpg) due to riding mostly rural higher speed roads. Not too much stop and go and plenty of twisties.