Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thank you for laptops and wifi!


It's been a while since I last blogged. I am currently in a hospital in Cookeville, Tennessee. Dad had surgery for a tumor on his pituitary gland. I guess it's been there for about 10 years. It really has affected the human growth hormones. His shoes are a size 9 1/2 EEEEE, he's outgrown his wedding ring twice, his jaw has grown, and his tongue is larger. The surgery was pretty hard on him. I wasn't here the day of the surgery and the day after, but Richard and Mom said he didn't look that great. He has been in an enormous amount of pain and has been given Morphine to ease it. When I came in the room today he looked good and I could tell I was grinning ear to ear. His tears showed that he was as happy to see me as I was to see him. So today, Mary Ann, Mom and myself are sitting in a waiting room while my Uncle Jim is hanging out with Dad. When Mom and Mary Ann went to deliver some chocolate to the ICU nurses Dad told me that I was more than welcome to talk, but he just didn't feel like talking.


Dad is supposed to come home on Monday and Mary Ann and I are planning to leave on Tuesday. Mom is doing better. I think the first day was very stressful. I am glad that Richard was here to lean on. We actually saw Richard on the drive down yesterday. We were on I75 S, almost to the Tennessee border. Richard was headed back north. I can't believe that we both happened to see one another and wave.


I better hand the computer over to Mary Ann. I am so happy she came with me. I feel infinitely fortunate to have her in my life :)

No comments: