Wednesday, August 19, 2009

13 days

It's only 13 more days until the big day. I can't believe how much I am looking forward to getting this over with. For the longest time this tumor has seemed surreal, but the closer I get to the date of surgery, the more real it is getting. I hope I don't have a major breakdown/reality check the morning of.
I've noticed that I haven't been able to sit around and do nothing like I used to. I used to be satisfied to sit around and watch TV in the evenings, even if there wasn't anything worth watching. Now I have the need to fill these evenings with worthwhile projects or running errands. Monday night Mary Ann and I picked out a new recliner and last night I built another dresser that we got at Ikea. I still have cakes to bake for my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. Hopefully I will be in the mood to do that soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah Amy...you will be fine. All of us are behind you and are waiting for the day when you call us up and say hey come watch TV I've got nothing else to do :) It'll happen...<3

Unknown said...

that <3 is a heart...LOL!

Amy Jo said...

Thank you for the clarification. I get it now! lol

maryann0094 said...

xoxoxo