Friday, October 9, 2009

It Will Never End

Yesterday I saw three doctors and am scheduled for another surgery. One of my vocal cords was paralyzed during surgery. The tumor was wrapped around the Vegus nerve. When they were removing the tumor this nerve was damaged. It paralyzed my vocal cord and has caused me to have quite a bit of trouble swallowing. I am going to get some swallowing therapy and go ahead with a "Vocal Cord Medialization Laryngoplasty." I will have an implant beside my paralyzed vocal cord that will push it to the middle of my voice box to reach the working vocal cord. It is outpatient surgery and I should only be out of work for about 3 days. I should have immediate results and am looking forward to speaking better. So you see...this will never end. I guess this is why some people never go to the doctor. Once it starts you just can't stop.

No comments: